How HSI crushers work.
The crushing chamber of HSI’s contain blow bars attached to a fast-spinning rotor. When the feed enters the primary crushing chamber, it comes into contact with the blow bars which smash the rock and launch it at the apron. The impact created by this collision breaks the material into smaller pieces.
The impact of the bars continually crushes this material until it becomes fine enough to pass through the apron plate gap, and enters the secondary crushing chamber where it is crushed further and shaped into a high-quality end product and is discharged from the crusher.
How VSI crushers work
A VSI relies on the velocity of material inside the crusher and impact to reduce the size of the material. Rock is fed into an accelerator at the centre of the crusher that uses centrifugal force to sling the material against an outer ring, lined with anvils. The size of the crushed rock is determined by the speed of the rotor.
Trakpactor Mobile Impact Crushers
Designed for the producer on the move, Powerscreen Impactors are packed with high-performance features designd to increase uptime and provide fast set up.
- Hydraulic banks, battery access and control valves are at eye level to make setup and operation much easier.
- Large hoppers to reduce loader cycling times and provide a constant flow to the crusher.
- Vibrating grizzly feeders to remove fines before the crusher to imorove performance and optimize wear life.
- Easy access to service points
- Enhanced material flow features
- Direct drive via Desch gearbox for fuel efficinency
- Powerscreen Pulse – Remote monitoring package.
Evoquip Compact HSI crushers
Evoquip Cobra Impact Crushers provide class-leading productivity, unmatched versatility and excellent fuel efficiency for rock crushing. The quick setup times, simple, intuitive operation, and ease of transport make these machines ideal for the most demanding applications like Reinforced Concrete, Recycled Asphalt, C&D waste, and Natural Rock.
- Easy service access with ‘walk in’ ability at the rear to access engine dipstick/filters etc.
- Intuitive ‘Push button’ control system
- Output potential up to 290tph / 320 US tph
- Hydraulic adjust and hydraulic overload as standard
- Integrated pre-screen for fines removal
- Feeder speed auto-regulates depending on crusher load
- Replaceable 10mm (3/8”) wear liners on feeder floor
get the answers
If you have questions or would like a quote on anything that we carry, drop us a line by filling out the form to the right.